Tuesday, November 30, 2004

Tick...tick...tick...

It has been nearly four weeks since the manuscript went away and we still have not heard back. The first two weeks were relatively lighthearted, but now I'm starting to crawl backwards out of my skin. It's really hard to enjoy the planning and looking forward, the exciting part of science, without knowing how the other shoe will drop. And A LOT is hanging on how well this goes. Jennifer asked me what if the manuscript is rejected. I said, I don't think that way; jokingly adding-- just like I didn't think Kerry would lose. But I'm now notthinking as hard as I can.

... Nature never did betray
the heart that loved her; 'tis her privilege,
through all the years of this our life, to lead
from joy to joy; for she can so inform
the mind that is within us, so impress
with quietness and beauty, and so feed
with lofty thoughts, that neither evil tongues,
rash judgements, nor the sneers of selfish men,
nor greetings where no kindness is, nor all
the dreary intercourse of daily life
shall e'er prevail against us, or disturb
our cheerful faith, that all that we behold
is full of blessings.

Wordsworth

I hope She's out there now.

No comments: