Tuesday, September 07, 2004

Up and running

Hello world,
This is my absolutely first weblog post of any kind. My biggest motivation for this blog is the upcoming election, and especially this week the anniversary of the September 11 attacks. I'm pretty excited to start the linking game etc. and even to get some control over this blog's behavior!
The title of this blog refers to a phrase in Keats' poem On first looking into Chapman's Homer in which Keats alludes to the huge thrill a scientist feels when seeing something completely unexpected. These moments (they have been few for me, but vivid!) shape a lot of my take on the world and my fundamental optimism about people, which in turn becomes a political stance.
My next effort in this blog will be to add the crucial links, the bloggers I'm reading and mentally engaging all of the time.

1 comment:

jennifer said...

I love the name of your blog. Bravo. Now I want to go and read the poem. Can you link to it?